Saturday, May 10, 2008

Grilled Tilapia with Sesame Lime Rice

I don't do many side dishes on the blog so I thought I would put one up this weekend. I promise the next recipe will give you something to do with the rest of that buttermilk and use some of the rice in this post. This is a low fat side dish that is super easy and flavorful.




This is also from Food Everyday.



I always have sesame seeds in the pantry, I love the taste of toasted sesame seeds. If you don't have these you could also just drizzle a little bit of sesame oil over the rice before you serve it.



Toasting them is really easy and fast, keep an eye on them because they will burn in no time.



Get them off the heat as soon as they get fragrant and start to brown.



I know I use a lot of instant rice, but do yourself a flavor and use the real deal for this recipe.







grab a nice sized lime. One tip to get more juice out of your lime, throw it in the microwave for 20 seconds before you cut it.



get the rice in the water and turn on the heat.



zest your lime. You can use a zester or a grater. Don't get the white part of the lime skin, it is bitter.



while your rice cooks grab some seasoning for your fish. I like lemon salt and lemon pepper. You can use whatever you like!



get your fish covered in the seasonings and get it grilling.



as your fish grills finish the rice.



I got this great lime juicer at Target, it works great!



you just drop in the lime and squeeze the top shut.



add the juice to your rice and give it a stir.



get your fish off the grill and serve with a lemon wedge and some of the lime zest.



the toasted sesame seeds get tossed on top of the rice with the rest of the lime zest. This is a tasty and easy side dish that will complement any meal.

I hope you are all having a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment